Did you know:
- You can reduce your back-dated packaging recycling fees by 60% in Italy by using alternative compliance calculation approaches
- You can reduce your recycling fees in France by up to 66% by introducing recoverable consumer packaging. You can also reduce your fees in Italy by introducing recyclable packaging
- There are over 330 recycling schemes across Europe for WEEE, Batteries & Packaging with different fees and charges depending on your products & sales arrangements
As part of implementing the 2018 EU Circular Economy Action Plan, changes to existing legislation on Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) and waste introduce new compliance options for WEEE, Packaging and Batteries recycling.
Overseas manufacturers can implement new compliance arrangements in order to protect product sales across Europe as well as reduce overall product recycling costs.
In addition, changes to the EU Waste Framework Directive (WFD) mean that:
- ‘modulated’ recycling fees can be charged by compliance schemes. Companies can pay lower WEEE, Packaging and Batteries recycling fees for products with greater durability, reparability, re-usability, recyclability and that contain lower levels of hazardous substances;
- Member States must allow an overseas manufacturer to appoint an Authorised Representative located in its country to manage Packaging compliance for all product sales.
The webinar also highlights how your company can rely on EC4P’s recycling compliance services to assess your company’s legal compliance obligations and manage your product registrations. Our managed global compliance services can guarantee your compliance to WEEE, Batteries and Packaging recycling regulations around the world through our award-winning compliance platform.
Find out more about how EC4P can implement a robust and cost effective global WEEE (E-waste), Batteries & Packaging compliance program on your company's behalf.